Ev

Ev

Friday, 28 October 2016

4 weeks on and 4 months to go!

I really can't believe it's been 4 weeks since I did the marathon, the first week was spent hobbling around and wondering whether I was too young for a double hip replacement.

I have been on one run before today and was going to do the first in the Cross Country series but then my son, the germ bomb, exploded and everyone in the household has been full of the lurgy at some stage or another. Of course the men in the house get it worse, it's a proven fact apparently!

The news and media  has been full of inspirational running feats that always make me sit back and think WOW I have nothing to complain about I just need to change my training and get out and work hard.

One challenge you may have seen is Ben's 401 Marathons - http://www.the401challenge.co.uk/ -I can't comprehend how even got his trainers on day after day, absolutely amazing guy.

Another challenge you may not have heard of is Jasmin Paris completing the Bob Graham round in a record breaking 15 hours and 24 minutes, to understand what this fell runner achieved can't be described in a few words, you'll have to make the effort to go and read all about her. http://jasminfellrunner.blogspot.co.uk/2016_05_01_archive.html

Whilst they are show just what us mere humans can do sometimes it's the other end of the scale that really makes you kick yourself into action, seeing my Juniors running in the Cross Country fills me with pride if they can do it then so can I.

The next part of my training needs to crack on now, I need lots of strength training plus a lot of mixed runs to be in any sort of decent shape when I do the Coastal Path in February. 3 Marathons in a row sounds pathetic when you compare it to 401 though. I need to stop procrastinating and no matter what the time, weather, day (I may even run on Xmas Day) or how busy I've been at work I need to do some form of exercise everyday.

There I've said it now, I will keep a log of my progress and by the end of if I will be able to do this

Image result for handstand push up

1 comment: